Reunion on 26/12 at Kolkata: Cocktails and Dinner

From: "SXC 1988 Batch" <sxc88@indiax.com>
Subject: Reunion on 26/12 at Kolkata: Cocktails and Dinner
Date: December 16th 2015

Dear ,

Hope you are doing well. We wish you and the family the season's greetings!

We would like to invite to you to the SXC 88 Batch Reunion, the details of which are listed below:

Date: Saturday, 26th December, 2015
Time: 6.30 PM onward
Venue: 43, Ironside Road, Ballygunge, Kolkata 700019, West Bengal, INDIA. Adjacent to Ballygunge Post Office.
Map and Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/P8WJE4VqYh52
  Dinner will be served from 9 pm to midnight, snacks before and after, cocktails all the time.

So how long has it been? 2015 - 1988, 27 long years!! In the interim, Bombay has become Mumbai, just as Kolkata was Calcutta and Chennai, Madras. Whattsapp, the platform ubiquitously used to communicate, would have raised eyebrows back then with a curious what's up? Changes have engulfed our professional, personal and leisure time and the world has changed beyond recognition.

However, despite all this, the one thing which has remained constant is our overflowing, unending Nihil Ultra / Nothing Beyond spirit, proudly adorning the badge which we wore at St Xavier's Collegiate School, Kolkata. "Proud of our school and happy are we. Proud to belong to dear SXC" - most of us probably still hum the school anthem when nostalgia begets us.

The Batch of 88 remains active and connected. We had a batch reunion last year which was a runaway success: batchmates dropped all inhibitions and renewed bonds of friendship and brotherhood at the overnight event at Raichak. Additionally, about a hundred of us remain connected over social and streaming media throughout the year, primarily via a very vibrant WhatsApp group. We have frequent real-world meetings too, with batchmates in Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru meeting over drinks.

This year again, we have the opportunity for batchmates all over India to assemble under one roof and reconnect on 26/12 at Kolkata. So, dear brothers, dudes, friends, mates, buds, "sunnies" (as we were referred to in our primary school days), let your hair down, forget your worries, remove inequalities and crack the bawdiest of jokes which will make a Jaat truck driver blush in embarrassment. They never went to St Xavier's remember??!!

The reunion starts on the evening on 26/12. Feel free to walk in any time and stay on till dawn or till weariness gets the better of you (we are physically in midlife, mentally a teen though, lol). No hard or fast rules, haha! The venue is a private bungalow, so events and activities planned are best left to your imagination.

The spirit of camaraderie is the bedrock on which the greatest of institutions have been built. We remain united by the same Alma Mater, though we left the portals some time ago. Right? So, here we go...!

Warmly,
Batch of '88

Contact (phone / whatsapp):
Anirudh Kajaria: +919831033317
Bikram Gangopadhyay +919867384987
Nitish Jain +919830150888
Nirjhar Goswami +971504540378
Vivek Jaiswal +919830150479
Yash Nathany +919831003729

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Mailing list of the Batch of 1988 of St. Xavier's Collegiate School, Kolkata. Flow frequency news and announcements about meetings and reunions.

Privacy Policy:

Email addresses of subscribers will not be sold or shared with anybody except authorized personnel and the service provider (Calport Technologies) contracted to transmit email.